- 1. Hong Kong citizens must use the "Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau" travel document
- 2.Taiwanese citizens must use the "Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents" travel document
- 3. Mainland China citizens must use their national IDs
- 4. Non-Chinese passport holders must use their passports when booking train tickets
Rail tickets in China can be booked as early as 30 days before train departure. We encourage you to book your tickets right after planning your travel as tickets can run out quickly especially during holidays.
At the moment, it is not possible to reserve now then pay for a ticket later on Klook. To secure a ticket, please pay as soon as you have chosen your route.
There are several reasons why you might not find your desired train:
(1) Your desired train is full, or (2) Your desired train route is not yet available for booking, or (3) Your desired train route is temporarily closed for booking due to track maintenance work, or (4) Your desired train journey might contain changes (the system is designed to filter out any train routes with exchanges to give you the most direct route)
One small tip you might be able to use is to try to book a few stations further from your destination and get off the train earlier. China Rail sometimes allocates the tickets by stations so you might get lucky getting a seat! But of course, you will have to pay a little more and this trick does not always work. You could also come back and check regularly since there might be tickets released when other passengers cancel or change their tickets.