German Rail Pass
- Explore all of Germany with one rail pass without the hassle of collecting multiple train tickets!
- Get unlimited train rides for up to 15 consecutive or non-consecutive days
- Enjoy free delivery and the convenience of having your ticket brought directly to your doorstep!
- Make the most out of your German Rail Pass – enjoy other travel benefits like free transportation and discounted accommodation
- Check timetables and reserve seats using your rail pass by visiting Klook’s Europe Train Ticket Booking Page
Enjoy unlimited travel on all Deutsche Bahn trains operating within Germany with the German Rail Pass! Explore iconic cities like Berlin, Munich, Leipzig, Frankfurt, and so much more! Simply make a booking, select the date you want to receive your pass via courier, get it activated before your travel date, and off you go. You can visit the Europe train ticket booking page to check the timetables and seat reservations for your train travel. With the German Rail Pass, you can also travel on DB trains to the following border stations: Basel Badischer Bahnhof (Switzerland), Salzburg, Kufstein and Innsbruck (Austria), Liège and Brussels (Belgium), Bolzano, Trento, Verona, Bologna, and Venice (Italy). You can also take any IC Bus using your German Rail Pass. No need to worry about purchasing multiple tickets, only one pass needed for your train travel to explore Germany with ease and comfort. What's even better is you can present your Rail Pass to avail of discounts at famous sightseeing spots!
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Book at least 7 business day(s) before you intend to receive your rail pass
- Your country of residence and passport number will be printed on the pass, so please make sure you fill in the accurate information upon checkout
- If you have resided in country A for over 6 months, but is a passport-holder of country B, you can either fill in A as your country of residence at checkout and provide your passport and proof of residence while on the train, or fill in B as your country of residence at checkout and provide your passport while on the train
- All passengers must have their travel documents (passports, ID cards, valid visas) ready prior to boarding
- Only residents outside Europe, Turkey, and the Russian Federation can travel with a German Rail Pass
- To be considered as a resident of a country, you have to stay in that country for more than 6 months and must provide a proof of residence or citizenship while on the train
- Proof of citizenship can be established by a passport. Proof of residence can be established by government issued residency documents, e.g. visa, residence card
- Important: Indicate the total number of adults and children aged 0-11 when booking
- Up to 2 children aged 0-11 travel free of charge for every adult with an Adult Pass (not applicable for the Senior Pass)
- If more than 2 children are traveling with 1 adult, a separate Youth Pass must be purchased for each additional child
- Before boarding a train, fill in the travel calendar on the pass
- 7:00pm rule: Use up only 1 travel day if you travel on trains that depart after 7:00pm and arrive after 4:00am. When making use of the 7:00pm rule, please enter the next day's date on the pass
- Get a 25% discount per person for 2 people traveling together. Both traveler names will be printed on a single pass
- Twin Pass fares are per person. If 4 adults are traveling together, please select 4 Twin units. If 3 adults are traveling together, select 2 Twin units and 1 Adult unit
- Certain international trains to neighboring countries are covered by German Rail Pass. Please check the pass guide
Important Notice for On Sale/Promotional Passes:
- Indicate the correct first travel date upon checkout since this will be printed on the pass. Last travel date will also be printed on the pass
- No amendments can be made after the pass has been issued
- Get the Swiss Half Fare Card if you’re planning to stay in Switzerland for a month!
Q: What is the German rail twin pass?
A: This is a more affordable option for groups of 2 traveling Germany by train, where the second ticket has a 50% discount
Q: Does German rail pass include the bus?
A: Yes, it includes complimentary rides for IC buses and transfers to select outlets or discounts to other kinds of buses and boats. Please check the official website for more information
Q: Does German rail pass include S-Bahn?
A: Yes, the pass can be used for S-Bahn trains, Intercity Express trains, and more. Please check the full list of trains and routes covered