The High Adventure Day Tour from Windermere
- Discover the beautiful sights of the Western Lake District on this full-day tour!
- Explore off-the-beaten tracks and discover the hidden gems of the district
- Be taken to great heights as you travel through the Hardknott Pass and the Langdale Pikes
- Get the chance to embark on the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale railway
- Visit the spectacular Wast Water, the deepest and most dramatic lake in England
Ready for an adventure that will get you high in the best way possible? Join this full day tour to Lake District’s most dramatic and scenic destinations! Drive through off the beaten tracks, climb up valleys, and explore mountain passes on this epic expedition that will take you to great heights - literally and figuratively. Your journey starts at the Hardknott Pass where you’ll pass through the steepest road in all of England. The road over the pass was built by the Romans to connect it to Mediobogdum, so you’ll most likely see fantastic Roman ruins along the way. Speaking of breaking records, the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway is one of the oldest and longest narrow gauge railways in the country. There, you won’t only see heritage steam engines up close, you’ll also get to ride it and travel for seven miles filled with magnificent views of the Scafell Range, nature reserves, ancient woodlands, and more. Also included in the itinerary is a visit to Wast Water, England’s deepest and most dramatic lake. You can definitely expect to be astounded by its ethereal natural sceneries, to say the least - as if you already weren’t by the tour’s destinations!