Cape Winelands Full Day Tour from Cape Town
- Enjoy three wines and a fancy cheese tasting at three of SA's finest wine estates
- Visit the Groot Drakenstein Correctional Center, Nelson Mandela's former prison
- Pay respects and take in the tranquility at the Huguenot Memorial in Franschhoek
- Learn about wine ageing in barrels and tanks during an informative tour of the cellars
- Discover South Africa's second oldest town, the cradle of the South African wine region
Travel down to the finest wine region in South Africa and visit the biggest wine estates in Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, and Paarl routes in all its grandeur. Journey through the prolific wineries and enjoy wine tasting at up to three wine estates, alongside a comprehensive tour around Stellenbosch. Visit Stellenbosch and witness the mountainous nature reserves of Jonkoershoek and Simonsberg. The university town is lined with artisan cafés, astute boutiques, and superlative restaurants nestled within the Cape Winelands vineyards. Have some wine and cheese tasting session before driving along the well-traveled Helshoogte pass, where you'll see a marvelous view of the Drakenstein Valley. Visit another famous winery farm in Franschhoek, home to some of the world's exquisite produce of olives, cheeses, and more. Taste their elaborative selection of classic wines ranging from full-bodied reds of Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, and Merlot, as well as the extraordinary Méthode Cap Classiques. Take a brief stop at the Huguenot Monument, which celebrates French influence in the country before traveling down to visit the Groot Drakenstein Correctional Center, where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment following his allegation as a political terrorist. Paarl is another famous home to some of Western Cape's best-known wineries and also the last visit on this tour. Paarl boasts some of the finest grape varieties from Pinotage to Chardonnay. Its white wines are purely fruit-driven and tropical as well. Afterwards, you'll head back to Cape Town and be dropped off at your hotel.