Cultural Cooking Class by Food Playground
- Cook up 3 authentic local favourites like Laksa, Hainanese Chicken Rice and Satay
- Get personalised guidance from friendly instructors during the 3 hour hands on cooking class
- Get to know about Singapore's food heritage and culture in an informal and fun atmosphere
- Complete the class over communal dining and great conversations with your new friends and fun loving instructors
- Learn to cook at a school conveniently located in downtown Singapore, with a social mission to provide employment to stay at home moms and active seniors
Take a break from the normal sightseeing tour and immerse yourself in Singaporean culture a different way – and what better way than through its cuisine! Over the course of this hands on cooking experience you’ll gain an appreciation into the colorful and multi-cultural heritage of Singapore whilst cooking some of its classical dishes. The warm and friendly instructors will demonstrate Singaporean cooking techniques and be there to assist you every step of the way. Whilst you learn to prepare dishes such as char kway teow, chicken satay and more, the instructors will share fascinating historical and personal stories about the Singaporean people, culture and food - so you’ll learn much more than you would from just a cook book. With easy to follow recipes this class is ideal for all, so whether you’re a beginner or well seasoned chef you’ll be sure to learn a few new skills that you can bring home and show to friends and family. With fresh ingredients, top class equipment, expert local chefs plus a history lesson thrown in - this class is a must for anyone wanting the ultimate immersion in Singaporean culture!