Pitt Head Walk
- Hop on a cruise at Astrolabe Roadstead and disembark on sprawling sands of Anchorage Beach
- Relax on the beach or take a stroll along three different scenic paths
- Take a dip in the crystal clear waters of Te Pukatea Bay, an easy walk from Anchorage
- For more of a challenge, head on to the Pitt Head Loop Track, and go through sunny Manuka forest, Te Pukatea Bay and Maori Pa, a fortified village
- Choose the path to Cleopatra’s Pool and swim in a crystal clear mountain pool complete with natural water slide
- Perfect for beach bums or anyone who wants to have fun under the sun in a more remote natural location
Treat yourself to a little adventure on the shores of one of New Zealand's most beautiful beaches. For those who love to be active, especially near the beach or under the sun, this is the perfect tour for you. Start with a 45 minute cruise by boat from Astrolabe Roadstead where you’ll be taken to the paradise center of the park, Anchorage Beach. Once you disembark, you have the choice to stay on the beach to sunbathe, have some lunch, or just relax. Or, for more adventurous types, go on any of the three strolls available, depending on how much of a challenge you're looking for. Go for a dip at Te Pukatea Bay, hike to the Manuka forest to end up at Maori Pa, an ancient fortified village, or take a walk to Cleopatra’s Pool and slide down a stunning natural water slide - the choice is yours! Your time exploring Anchorage Beach and the surrounding area is unguided so you're free to explore as you wish and enjoy the outstanding nature on your own time. Don't miss a day tour to New Zealand’s Anchorage Beach and see the beauty of the shorelines for yourself!