Kayaking Abel Tasman's Beaches
- Take in the sights and sounds of the ocean when you cruise into Torrent Bay
- Get a kayaking lesson from trained guides and test out your new skills on the open seas
- Paddle out on the ocean and explore hidden islands along the coast
- Keep an eye out for Fur Seals lounging about on Pinnacle Island
- After the activities, enjoy a walk back to Torrent Bay Lodge or Anchorage Beach, then catch a cruise back to Kaiteriteri
- Perfect for thrill seekers who love to partake in water sports; great for strong swimmers but non-swimmers can still join
If you’re looking for an adventure out on the open water surrounded by beautiful scenery, then this is for you! Take a cruise out to Torrent Bay, or meet your guide at Torrent Bay Lodge for an introductory lesson to kayaking. Don’t forget to listen well as they orientate you with the safety procedures for kayaking out into the ocean. From there, paddle out with the group and get to explore hidden islands along the coast, including Pinnacle Island. If you’re lucky, you may even get to spot some of the islands Fur Seals lounging about on the rocks. After a day on the ocean, take a walk back to Torrent Bay Lodge or Anchorage Beach, where you can catch a cruise back to Kaiteriteri. Or you can decide to stay and spend more time relaxing on the beach or taking a scenic nature hike. What are you waiting for? Grab your kayak and brave the open seas!