Split Apple Kayaking Tour
- Enjoy a leisurely 2 hour kayaking trip around Kaiteriteri's stunning coastline
- See nature's wonders up close as you paddle along the stunning granite formations and hidden inlets along the coast
- Learn the basics of sea kayaking and test out your new skills on the ocean
- Watch out for the resident Blue Penguins and other birds that hang out here
- Perfect for those looking for a shorter and less challenging kayaking experience
If you've always wanted to try kayaking in New Zealand, but felt you weren't up to the challenge, then this introductory kayak tour is perfect for you! When you arrive at Kaiteriteri Beach for your tour, your guides will immediately get you settled into a double kayak. After which, you'll be given a lesson on sea kayaking - basic instruction and safety procedures included! You will immediately get to test your new skills and on the open seas, no less! When you're ready, go for an easy paddle with the group to some of Kaiteriteri's granite formations and sheltered inlets. While you're out there, you might even get a chance to spot some Blue Penguins, so stay alert! Don't worry, the guides will be with you every step of the way. Before heading back to the beach, you will get to take a break at a sheltered cove and have some time to admire the coast of Kaiteriteri.