Ruakuri Cave Black Water Rafting - Black Abyss
- Discover the beauty of Waitomo by cave spelunking and climbing the Ruakuri Cave
- Abseil and zip line 35 meters down into the depths of the cave
- Grab a tube for black water rafting down the underground river
- Experienced caving guides will teach you and be with you throughout the trip
- Quality tour provider that has been awarded the 2016 Certificate of Excellence on Tripadvisor
- Wetsuits, helmets, footwear and all necessary equipment is provided - prepare to get wet!
Love white water rafting? Then this Black Water Rafting tour will give you a different and even more thrilling experience! It is a great choice for any adrenaline junkies visiting New Zealand. Black water rafting is cave spelunking meets white water rafting as you go tubing throughout Ruakuri Cave, part of the Waitomo caves. Put on your gear and learn from professionally trained guides that will take you zip lining, rafting and caving underground. Brave the dark by abseiling 35 meters down a tiny spiral cave entrance. Once inside, hike to a river 100 meters under the ground. Take a tube and float down the river. Extreme-sports enthusiasts will love the adventure of cave spelunking, rappelling to the rivers, and the rush of floating through rapids and drops. Make sure to look up as you tube down the river to see a swarm of glowworms throughout the cave ceiling. One thing you need to bring? A spirit for adventure!